Since 1993, I’ve been producing a steady amount of Christmas music, mostly arrangements for choir and orchestra, but a few in different categories as well. In time, I will be offering more complete information on each title. For now, this page consists of a simple listing of titles, in the following categories:
- Arrangements of traditional music for chorus and orchestra (since several arrangements exist in versions for children’s chorus and mixed chorus, I’m listing both in this section).
- Arrangements of traditional music for solo voice and orchestra (some of which are adaptations of choral arrangements listed in the first section).
- Arrangements of traditional music for instruments (without voices).
- Original Christmas songs, mostly for voice and piano.
Arrangements of traditional Christmas music for chorus and orchestra
All arrangements listed can also be performed with piano.
- Adeste Fideles (SATB)
- Angels We Have Heard On High (SSA or SATB)
- Ding! Dong! Merrily On High (SSAA or SATB)
- Fum Fum Fum (SA)
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (SA or SATB)
- He Is Born, The Divine Christ Child (SSA or SATB)
- Infant Holy, Infant Lowly (SSA)
- Kling, Glockchen (SSA)
- O Tannenbaum (SSA)
- Quittez, Pasteurs (SA)
- Rejoice and Be Merry (SSA)
- Silent Night (SSA)
- Sussex Carol (SSA)
- What Child Is This? (SSA or SATB)
Arrangements of traditional Christmas music for solo voice and orchestra
All arrangements in this section may also be performed with piano. Titles with an asterisk were adapted from the choral versions listed above (note that Angels We Have Heard On High is a new arrangement, not compatable with the choral arrangement listed in the first section)
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- El Desembre Congelat
- Un Flambeau, Jeanette, Isabelle
- Fum Fum Fum*
- He Is Born, the Divine Christ Child*
- The Holly and the Ivy
- Kling, Glockchen*
- Quittez, Pasteurs
- Sussex Carol
- Wexford Carol
- What Child Is This?*
Arrangements of traditional Christmas music for instrumental ensembles
- Carol of the Birds (10 solo strings or string orchestra)
- Joy To The World (baroque orchestra)
- The Holly and the Ivy (string quartet or string orchestra)
- In Dulci Jubilo (4-octave handbell choir and orchestra)
Original Christmas songs
All titles listed are for medium voice and piano. The Angel’s Song is also available in versions for SSA or SATB choir, with orchestral accompaniment.
- The Angel’s Song (text by Sara Teasdale)
- The Christmas Silence (text by Margaret Deland)
- I Sing Of A Maiden (text adapted from a 15th century poem)
- Rise, Hope of the Ages (text by John Greenleaf Whittier)