- The first movement of Trio for clarinet, bassoon, and piano is nearly done. I just have about 10 or 12 measures (or more?) to think up to finish the movement. Also, there is a short passage in the middle, six bars or so, that I’m just not happy with, so I’ll have to do that over.
- Finally finished editing Cloudscapes and sent it to the printer. Got copies back last week. Now I have to let the flute world know about it somehow.
- Program notes being written for Carmel Symphony (nearly done) and Terre Haute Symphony (not nearly done).
- Arranging projects include a Gershwin medley for organ and orchestra for Cameron Carpenter, for an upcoming performance with the Carmel Symphony. This one’s barely begun, but since the performance date is in November, will have to be completed pretty quickly.
- ISU starts classes in a few weeks. I’m working on my Basic Scoring textbook, expanding some chapters and adding some new ones. Also I’m going to be teaching the Intro. to Music Tech class, so I have to figure out how I’m going to do that.
- In the wings: I’ll be arranging some songs for Sylvia McNair at some point. I still don’t know which ones she wants, so I can’t start yet, but I’m looking forward to working with her. Also I’m going to do a transcription of Rachmaninoff’s Vocalise for cello and string orchestra for Kurt Fowler and the Terre Haute Symphony.
And that’s it. I think.